Friday, December 11, 2009

Release me






Every part of my body screams out to me to leave everything I'm involved in and train to be a dancer day and night. I feel trapped in my body which is incapable of doing what my mind wants it to do. I feel so much energy and no release, its like constantly being trapped in a cage after being given a shot of red bull.


I imagine myself as a contemporary dancer with limitless capabilities,for the body to be a vehicle to express in form what the mind comes up with. Analogous to what a Mariah Carey might feel in voice, a voice that obeys the mind. It's torture to realize that at the age of 26, its not possible to invest 4 years in your body, which has already started showing signs of deterioration.

3 comments:

U said...

It might be, as you say, a little too late to start with dancing. But have you considered writing?

Gowtham said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gowtham said...

You are only as old as you think you are. It's never too late for anything. It's just that you know where your limit is and when you body will be reluctant to respond.

At the least, briging up kids to dance (as you are already doing now) must be very fulfilling.